28.8.08

busted on a sidewalk, response to Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Bike Amici is pretty inactive right now, and the lawyer who helped us has moved away to another state. We miss him. But, I could send him your story (with permission) and ask if he knows anyone locally who might be able to help, if you feel that would be good. Let me know if you'd like me to do so.

I personally have not heard of this kind of thing, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

I have four thoughts:
1. There is an active site called Minneapolis Bike Love and there you might find more information. mplsbikelove.com
2. You should probably talk to Gene at one on one about this, if you haven't already.
3. Maybe this is pre-RNC jitters.
4. Have you considered contesting the ticket? A friend of mine says that any time you contest a traffic ticket (for car, anyway) they cut the charge in half. I don't know if that's true, but why not try?

Good luck!

No comments: